1. Dogs love splashing in mud and hippos wallow in it.
2. If these drugs are stopped abruptly then some withdrawal symptoms may occur.
3. She had heard the news-flash on a TV channel's news update.
4. Some people moved in silky, liquid movements, others were jerky, probably drunk.
5. Half of PML's scientists have first degrees, the other half have PhDs.
6. Whereas West Germans drink wine, their Eastern cousins prefer Schnapps.
7. Clarke kept talking the price up, while Wilkinson kept knocking it down.
8. While economists are free to theorise, company chairmen are concerned with actualities.
9. Evelyn's career is accelerating, and mine is plateauing out a bit.
10. Hundreds have been killed in the fighting and thousands made homeless.