- 1. The play was so bad that it was laughed off the stage.
- 2. The girl was abashed by the laughter of her classmates.
- 3. He did his best to retrieve the situation, amidst some laughter.
- 4. The chair sternly rebuked the audience for their laughter.
- 5. His jokes made us all roar.
- 6. There was a ripple of mirth, which the court checked.
11 来自英汉文学 - 汤姆历险
- 7. Straightway the jollity broke loose again with the reading of the names.
2 来自英汉文学 - 败坏赫德莱堡
- 8. A storm of derisive applause broke out.
1 来自英汉文学 - 败坏赫德莱堡
- 9. Our shared laughter had the effect of drawing me into their circle.
- 10. The jeers from the crowd caused the speaker to leave the platform.