1. The study links the main living area to the kitchen.
2. Many of Britain's beaches fail to meet minimum standards of cleanliness.
3. He was frustrated by his inability to wave down a taxi.
4. Her silk shirtdress was sky-blue, the colour of her eyes.
5. She's nervous about something, in case you didn't notice.
6. It was too hot even for a gentle stroll.
7. Just what the soldier was doing in Bireij is unclear.
8. Enemy forces lobbed a series of artillery shells onto the city.
9. He was so drunk that he had lost the power of speech.
10. An alarm links the police station to the divisional headquarters.