- 1. a shallow, unsatisfying relationship
- 2. The dish is too shallow to serve soup in.
- 3. The cowboy splashed his way across the shallow stream with his cow.
- 4. He got in at the shallow end of the swimming pool.
- 5. He dived off the springboard and swam down to the shallow end.
- 6. He is a shallow thinker whose opinions aren't worth much.
- 7. Tony seemed very shallow and immature.
- 8. His analysis was always shallow.
- 9. The ship was grounded in shallow water.
- 10. The turtle hibernates in a shallow burrow for six months of the year.